As in all Church of England churches our incumbent, the Revd. Dorothy Stewart, works with the Churchwardens - Patrick Preston and Grace Studholme - and the Parochial Church Council to provide a spiritual and pastoral focus for the community. You don't have to live within the parish boundaries to belong to our church; everyone is welcome. Dorothy's post is part-time, so she works with us on Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Designed by the well-known architect George Pace, the church was built to an unusual but practical plan in brick and reinforced concrete. It was opened in 1966 to replace a small chapel nearby which had served the congregation since 1883. In November 2007 it was granted Grade II listed status, being recognised as a complete example of the work of George Pace and notable for its striking design.
Although less than 50 years old, St. Saviour's incorporates early victorian pews from St. John's in Little Horton. St. John's also kindly provided a striking Byzantine-style mosaic depicting Jesus' meeting with Cleopas and his companion on the road to Emmaus.
To view a map of the Parish Boundary click here